Title: Re: ...working on version 9 — will essential changes be implemented? (was: The Bat! v8.8.9 MSI (3rd attempt))
Hello Gleason,

Friday, July 19, 2019, 7:10:47 AM, you wrote:

Gleason> Qualcomm, which produced the (at one time widely used) Eudora email client, now
Gleason> defunct.  They gave it to Mozilla where it has gone no where.

It died because someone thought Thunderbird with a Eudora looking theme would be enough, but Thunderbird is so far conceptually from what Eudora was, it could never get close. I tried it. It called itself Eudora, imported all my Eudora stuff, but then I had to use Thunderbird which sucks so I kept using Eudora till it started crashing and then moved to The Bat, something good enough for my needs that I could live with it. But the list of the Bat's idiosyncrasies is is long and troubling and no one seems to care to fix them. You know, really basic stuff like properly displaying a message with text and html.

-- Ira