Hello Urban!

On Thursday, June 10, 2004, 8:01 PM, you wrote:

MB>> 88 bat.tmp files in my profile [...] \TEMP are each one empty.
MB>> ... Maybe my attachment files are "Lost in Space"! ...

U> But your old attachments still are working if you copy them to the
U> desktop?

Yes. And I want to say here, as near the top of my post as I can and
still make sense: You Are Right. What you suggested did work, and it
was the .tmp files that were messing things up for me.

U> It could very well be those empty .tmp files that are messing things
U> up for you. Try closing TB, then move the .tmp-files to another folder,
U> they normally are safe to delete but just in case...
U> It may happen that Windows says that some of the files are being used
U> and can't be moved, that's normal, just click OK.
U> Then open TB again and try opening one of your attachments.

I did this. You have solved the problem! All the old attachments will
open now, just like the four new ones do.

It took me some time, because I first moved the .tmp files to another
folder, as you suggested, rather than deleting them. After I was able
to open the attachments successfully, I then deleted the 88 bat.tmp
files.

It's not a familiar activity for me, and I had trouble controlling the
mouse to highlight them in selected blocks rather than one at a time.
I wasn't sure whether I should delete the .tmp files which were not
The Bat! files, so I didn't.

I don't have the words to say how much joy it brings me to have this
problem solved. Thank you very much, Urban.

Mary

The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1