Hi,
[snip]
>That is a possibility as well.  I still need to convince myself that hydrinos 
are possible before I can accept that reality.

They may not be, but if they were, it would explain a lot. :)
>
>
>The Q pulses generated by one LENR group behave somewhat similar to what we 
would be generating with our large mechanical kicks.  I am coming to the 
realization that heat is actually sound that is of a random nature instead of 
directed.  

>I used to think that too, but have been wondering about the difference in the
speed of sound in solids compared to that of heat. Sound travels at thousands of
meters/sec, while heat travels at mere mm/sec.
One thing to consider Robin.  Have you seen the speed that tidal waves travel 
in the open ocean?  This can be hundreds of miles per hour.  Water surface 
waves are far slower, so perhaps there is a a process that operates in a 
somewhat similar manner for the sound waves.  Shock waves in materials, 
especially gases can be much faster than the normal compression sound waves.
I am missing the mathematical understanding of why both types of ocean waves 
exist at the same time, but appear much different in behavior.  Is the math 
similar for heat and sound waves?  This is a good issue to work upon.

>Perhaps sound travels faster because the phonons don't have enough energy to
excite the atoms, so they don't get absorbed and just pass from one to the next.
IOW if there were a resonant energy level in the atom, then they would get
absorbed and wouldn't travel nearly so well. Since heat has a much higher
frequency, it can find matching resonances much more easily.
It just seems that the transfer of momentum would happen on contact between 
atoms which should be fast in solids or liquids.  I can see why gas would pass 
sound slower due to the transit time between collisions.  It just seems that we 
are speaking of the same type of activity in both heat and sound.  Kinetic 
energy and momentum must be involved at the atomic level.

>I may have calculated incorrectly, but I get a base resonant frequency for the
Ni atom in it's lattice of something like 4E11 Hz. This is obviously way more
than normal sound, but matches a photon frequency just below the bottom of the
IR, meaning that THz frequency thermal photons should be able to excite it
readily.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/project.html
You must be off in that calculation for some reason.  The kinetic energy due to 
temperature should give you a direct measure of the velocity.
Dave


 

Reply via email to