In reply to  David Roberson's message of Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:42:42 -0500 (EST):
Hi,
[snip]
>That is a possibility as well.  I still need to convince myself that hydrinos 
>are possible before I can accept that reality.

They may not be, but if they were, it would explain a lot. :)
>
>
>The Q pulses generated by one LENR group behave somewhat similar to what we 
>would be generating with our large mechanical kicks.  I am coming to the 
>realization that heat is actually sound that is of a random nature instead of 
>directed.  

I used to think that too, but have been wondering about the difference in the
speed of sound in solids compared to that of heat. Sound travels at thousands of
meters/sec, while heat travels at mere mm/sec.

Perhaps sound travels faster because the phonons don't have enough energy to
excite the atoms, so they don't get absorbed and just pass from one to the next.
IOW if there were a resonant energy level in the atom, then they would get
absorbed and wouldn't travel nearly so well. Since heat has a much higher
frequency, it can find matching resonances much more easily.

I may have calculated incorrectly, but I get a base resonant frequency for the
Ni atom in it's lattice of something like 4E11 Hz. This is obviously way more
than normal sound, but matches a photon frequency just below the bottom of the
IR, meaning that THz frequency thermal photons should be able to excite it
readily.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/project.html

Reply via email to