I think we should be considering a heat source that is distributed in this 
case.  An earlier post I just wrote might help explain how a heat pulse could 
progress in a conic form.  The coordinated addition of many thousands of 
individual fusion events might well lead to this result.


Dave



-----Original Message-----
From: mixent <[email protected]>
To: vortex-l <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, Mar 1, 2013 12:30 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Explaining Cold fusion -IV


In reply to  Eric Walker's message of Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:11:33 -0800:
Hi Eric,

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. If an explosion occurs inside the
lattice, heat from it will spread out spherically in all directions, melting the
metal as it goes. Where this sphere intersects the surface of the metal, a hole
will form, releasing the pressure of the explosion, and the plasma, vaporized
and molten metal, will all go in that direction, expanding as it goes, and
producing a more or less conical crater, unless it is already very close to the
surface, in which case it may just blow part of the surface away leaving a gap.

[snip]
>I'm not sure how explosives shielded by tamper work, but the crater
>pictures look a little like that to me.  It looks like there is a small
>volume that turns to liquid and then possibly gas at a rate faster than the
>surrounding material, creating an expanding volume.  The craters we see
>point outward from the surface of the substrate, and I would expect the
>surface side of the molten volume to exert less pressure on the volume than
>the opposing side.  This in turn leads an eruption away from the inner wall
>and towards the surface.  In this model, the momenta of the original
>sources of heat do not play a part.
>
>Eric
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/project.html


 

Reply via email to