That would be wonderful. I imagine we would want to tag the images to
indicate their copyright status in certain jurisdictions, and set up a
mechanism so that projects can define which sorts of images they want to be
able to embed in their local pages, and which they do not want (unless a
locally EDP-compliant tag is attached).

However, that wouldn't improve the URAA situation much. We would still need
to delete clear infringements under the URAA, unless they are covered by
some project's EDP. I guess it would at least reduce the number of
transwiki transfers needed.