Returning briefly to NSFW content on Wikimedia sites, there has been some
press coverage in Germany these past couple of days:

*
http://www.news4teachers.de/2014/06/jugendgefaehrdend-porno-links-in-wikipedia/

*
http://www.news4teachers.de/2014/06/die-porno-links-in-wikipedia-ein-politischer-skandal/

*
http://www.news4teachers.de/2014/06/porno-links-in-wikipedia-deutscher-lehrerverband-fordert-schulminister-zum-handeln-auf/

*
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Lehrerverband-erzuernt-ueber-Porno-Links-in-Wikipedia-2214124.html

*
http://www.noz.de/deutschland-welt/politik/artikel/479778/lehrerverband-kritisiert-porno-links-bei-wikipedia

*
http://www.bild.de/news/inland/pornografie/porno-alarm-bei-wikipedia-lehrer-schueler-36224468.bild.html

*
http://www.wa.de/nachrichten/nrw/lehrer-nachrichtenseite-news4teachersde-kritisiert-porno-links-internet-enzyklopaedie-wikipedia-3603101.html

*
http://derstandard.at/2000001726824/Deutscher-Lehrerverband-alarmiert-von-Porno-Links-in-Wikipedia

Apparently, the German Teachers' Association has called on the German
Education Minister and Wikipedia to take action.

What I found surprising here, given the history of the topic within the
Wikimedia movement, was the response from a Wikimedia Germany spokesperson
in the first article linked above:

---o0o---

Asked about this content by News4teachers.de, those in charge of Wikipedia
in Germany point to the U.S. parent company. A spokesman told our editors:
"As a matter of fact, we at Wikimedia Germany have no influence on what is
to be found on Wikipedia and its sister projects (such as the free media
portal, Wikimedia Commons). All of these sites are hosted and managed by
the Wikimedia Foundation in the U.S."

---o0o---