Hi Nathan,

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Nathan <nawr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wasn't there also an issue with WMUK processing payments, in that they
> couldn't pass 100% of the donations on to the WMF but had to retain some or
> most of the funds in order to remain independent under British law?

We looked at this in some detail in 2011 when the original big discussion
about fundraising happened.

The short answer is "no"; Wikimedia UK would be able to send 99%+ of its
revenue to the Wikimedia Foundation as an unrestricted grant with no
regulatory problems.

The answer to this question does of course differ for different chapters.

Chris