Hello,

Actually I favor very much the idea that, after the election, there is
a public list of the chapters that did cast the vote. (Not
necessarily, which chapter supported which candidate, but that is
another discussion. In 2012, the list of candidates was not published
at all, by the way.)

I remember from 2012 that, shortly before the elections, I heard a
chairman from a specific chapter talking with very, very strong
opinions about the movement. It struck me to find out later that that
chapter didn't cast its vote. Isn't it important for a chapter to
influence the movement as a whole?

Also from the year 2012 (and 2013) I remember that many chapters that
we from the WCA contacted did not respond at all. So I am not
surprised to read now that only one third did vote until now.

Lane wrote:
"Feel free also to pressure more active chapters to do their duty to support
less organized chapters in voting."

I usually agree with Lane, but in this case I don't see that "duty".
It is the responsibility of each and every chapter to become active,
not anybody else's responsibility.

Possibly, if a chapter board did not cast a vote, it is interesting
for the members of the chapter to know that. Maybe the board can come
up with a good reason.

Kind regards
Ziko