* The people in the WMF and the Affiliates are /part of/ of the communities.
* Even the people without extensive years of volunteering, or those who
only started volunteering at the same time as they became professionally
involved, are part of the communities.
* It is illogical for us to tell the people who take on highly-active
roles, that they are no longer able to lead.
* We (collectively) try to encourage the extremely capable volunteers to
apply for jobs, and for grants.
* If Wikimedia Cascadia becomes a well-funded chapter, and you were a
staffer of it, would you become ineligible to lead proposals that effect
your area of activity?

--
quiddity