Hello Gnangarra,

I joined AffCom in 2015, at that time the issue with Wikimedia Philippines was already on the table. The AffCom and the WMF had tried two years to get a settlement without a de-recognition with them. Meanwhile it is 2017, I don't believe Josh could resolve the problem in the last five hours which the entire Wikimedia Philippines was not able to resolve in the past two years. As I said in my other post, I personally don't think it wise to withhold information, especially obviously the people who would be "protected" don't appreciate being protected. But actually on the decision itself if there is something the AffCom is to be blamed, it is that it took them two years of time to make that hard decision. It was overdue, actually.

Greetings

Ting