Does it make sense to have more articles in a language than can be curated
by the volunteers who speak that language?  This has already happened on
the Englisg-language Wikipedia where the five million articles have simply
overwhelmed the capability of the few thousand active contributors to
self-organise and curate -- for example, there are about one million
articles without adequate sources, and thousands of unsourced BLP; there
are copyvio cleanups that will not complete, if ever, before 2030.  An army
of hand-coded bots is just about keeping on top of vandalism.  How does
that scale to projects where the number of native speaker contributors is
in the dozens rather than the thousands?