I would recommend caution with "spamming" Sydney Wikipedians.

I remember in recent past where someone "spammed" Wikipedians who were
listed as supporting WMAU letting them know some important information and
community reaction was mixed. Perhaps having notices up in the usual places
would be good.

For the future, a WMAU newsletter or similar could be organised to contain
this kind of information. A bot account could be set up to post this out to
subscribers on a fairly regular basis. There are a few Australian bot
runners who might be able to assist with that.

Nick