On 18 March 2014 10:49, John Mark Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While legal threats are banned on the wiki projects, the mailing lists
> are managed differently, and there are differences in expectations of
> behaviour (and dispute resolution) for the mailing lists.

Personally I'd consider legal threats in the general case a kicking
offence, for the same reason as on the wikis.

(ATM I appear to be the listadmin. Bitten by my own law: "The reward
for a job well done is another three jobs." I don't even live in
Australia, so I'm probably not the best person to be sole admin - any
volunteers? Perhaps you, John ...)

> I am also scratching my head about whether the WMF mailing lists are
> covered by the WMF terms of use.  Perhaps not.
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Terms_of_use#What_services_are_covered_by_the_terms_of_use

I'd be amazed if not explicitly listing the mailing lists meant that
blatantly antisocial behaviour - such as we're witnessing here - was
just fine.

- d.