--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Jarvis Stamply" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> From: "Bill Smart" <> Personally I would be very skeptical of any
teacher
> that INSISTED upon a full-lotus or any other position.
> >

> When I used to travel and visit the various Zen centers, I got the
distinct
> impression that Full Lotus was what separated the men from the
boys, and the
> women from the girls (or whatever).
>
> I found that slight snobbery to be funny, but since I could never
sit Full
> Lotus I did not like the attitude. I never saw any Roshi display any
> attitude about anything; so my remarks are strictly about the rank
and file
> monks and lay participants.

lol. That is funny.  Being a snob in zen is like saying "I'm more
humble than you are!"

Anyway, I shouldn't have really used the word "insisted," but more
like "highly recommended."  I just wonder what they have to say about
it if anything.

Seems like in older days it used to be the norm.  The standards seem
to have relaxed, not that I think this is a bad thing.  It means that
the dharma is more accessable, which is good.

BTW, I'm more humble than all of you put together. So there! :P

-DaveK

reading! Talk about it today!
Yahoo! Groups Links