From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Edgar Owen
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 6:47 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Test of Character

Bill and Jody,

I have no problem at all with Bill's excellent description of a useful
technique. I would like to point out though that ultimately Zen doesn't
depend on any technique and has nothing to do with zazen or sitting. True
zen is just experiencing things as they actually are no matter what one is
doing, or where one is. You can be sitting in zazen or doing anything
whatsoever in your daily life. As I think Bill would agree zen is 24/7, it
is always present no matter what one is doing, it's just a matter of looking
around and seeing and directly experiencing.

Likewise zen is not something to be found just within the gates of a zen
temple. There is no gate to enter to find zen. Thus mumon, the gateless
(nonexistent) gate. Zen is everywhere in the universe. It is always right
where you are right now.

Edgar