Well Jody,  As long as the practice is to rest our monkey mind is the
"correct" practice.  Yet a more "effective" practice is not to imagine,
or count the breath, or chant, because these practices raise our
physical awareness and arouse our mind.  Simply detached from all FORMS,
follow the path of our breath, enhance our spirituality at all times,
whether sitting or other wise, is an effective one.  JM