Chan is One, the big One.  The One which supports everything visible and
invisible on an equal basis without preference.   The fact that each
tree grows differently maybe obvious to our eyes, but the causes of
their differences are difficult to see.  Often, instead of pondering on
the cause, and causes of causes of their difference, we label these
trees by comparing them and deluded to believe that our labels were real.

Every incident, encounter, formation and phenomenon in our lives are the
result of some causes, and each cause are often caused by generations of
causes.  It is our purpose, as Chan practitioners, to
satisfy/consummate/resolve/ferry each one, such that this karma does not
propagate.  This the "first act of perfection" -- giving.  Not judging,
categorizing, filing away, ignoring, but giving.

It is our practice to recognize the variations of cause and effect and
learn from them to resolve/satisfy externally as well as make peace
internally, such that our spirituality is strengthened and enhanced.

Lotus does not grow from clean water.  The bigger the mud, the bigger
the lotus.

Let us do it together.