Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Zen] Sick of Flaming

Chan is One, the big One. The One which supports everything visible and
invisible on an equal basis without preference. The fact that each
tree grows differently maybe obvious to our eyes, but the causes of
their differences are difficult to see. Often, instead of pondering on
the cause, and causes of causes of their difference, we label these
trees by comparing them and deluded to believe that our labels were real.

Every incident, encounter, formation and phenomenon in our lives are the
result of some causes, and each cause are often caused by generations of
causes. It is our purpose, as Chan practitioners, to
satisfy/consummate/resolve/ferry each one, such that this karma does not
propagate. This the "first act of perfection" -- giving. Not judging,
categorizing, filing away, ignoring, but giving.

It is our practice to recognize the variations of cause and effect and
learn from them to resolve/satisfy externally as well as make peace
internally, such that our spirituality is strengthened and enhanced.

Lotus does not grow from clean water. The bigger the mud, the bigger
the lotus.

Let us do it together.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]org wrote:

> Cynthia,
>
> The only thing that can be done to stop the flaming is to turn this
> forum into a fully moderated forum in which the moderator - Al - reads
> and approves postings before allowing them on the forum. Al could also
> probably block some contributors, but they could get around this very
> easily by just registering as a different name.
>
> A fully moderated forum has a lot of drawbacks:
> - it's a LOT OF WORK for the moderator
> - it slows down posting exchanges
> - it gives the power of censorship to the moderator - which in this
> case is Al, whom I'm comfortable with, but it's always a bone of
> contention
> - there are probably more drawbacks that I haven't thought of...
>
> I think it would be better to keep the forum open and just censor the
> postings yourself - by using your delete key.
>
> Also, and maybe the best suggestion, is we could all help reduce the
> flaming by not responding to flames - which I am guilty of. I do that
> because flaming doesn't bother me. Not responding would reduce the
> reason to flame because there would be no indignant reaction to fuel
> the flames.
>
> What does everyone else think?
>
> Al, this topic keeps coming up. What do you think?
>
> ...Bill!
>
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ps.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com>