Hi Chris :-) Glad you liked my post. Here is one of my favorite zen stories about morality:
A student was caught stealing and his fellows asked master Bankei to expel him from the community. The master ignored the request, but the student stole again. The others drew up a petition demanding his expulsion, stating that otherwise they would all leave. Bankei called them together and said, "You are wise, my friends. You know right from wrong. You can go somewhere else to study, but this poor fellow- who will teach him if I do not? I must keep him as my student even if the rest of you leave." The student who had stolen was overcome with tears and never stole again. Margie (roloro1557) --- In [email protected], "cid830" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Good Post Margie! > --- In [email protected], "roloro1557" <roloro1557@> wrote: > > > It's not very enlightened of me, I know, but I'm sorry I started > this > part of the thread. I don't want to make anyone feel bad for > believing > whatever they believe. I don't want to be misunderstood or made out > a > monster for believing what I believe. I mean no offense to anyone by > anything written here. > > How to explain. . . . . ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
