Hi Chris :-)

Glad you liked my post. Here is one of my favorite zen stories about
morality:

A student was caught stealing and his fellows asked master Bankei to
expel him from the community. The master ignored the request, but the
student stole again. The others drew up a petition demanding his
expulsion, stating that otherwise they would all leave. Bankei called
them together and said, "You are wise, my friends. You know right from
wrong. You can go somewhere else to study, but this poor fellow- who
will teach him if I do not? I must keep him as my student even if the
rest of you leave." The student who had stolen was overcome with tears
and never stole again.

Margie (roloro1557)