--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I come to
> understand Christian terms as sort of "outside in" or "top down",
while
> Buddhist terms are "inside out" or "bottom up".

Good for you Donald!.  I love it.  For some reason it sounds like a
kind of humoristic explanation though I know you meant to be as
accurate as possible.  But I couldn't help and laugh at the accurate
syncronitation.

> 1.  Yes, faith is a commitment for one to practice and witness
oneself.
> It is a gradual process.
> 2.  Prayer is one's action to sync one's heart with the heart of
the
> universe through stillness of body, mind and spirit.
> 3.  Blessing is the harmony of one's heart with that of the
universe.
> (hence, harmonious actions and words)
>
> Replace "universe" with "Buddha", you get Buddhist terms.
>
> Well?

What do you mean by stillness of body, mind and spirit?.  wouldn't be
mindful concentration in the awareness of body and mind produce
togetherness which helps to manifest the holy spirity or the breath
of God?

I like the two comments you make.  Their simple and straight forward.

Mayka

Mayka
:

> > Hello JMJM,
> >
> > some times I think the English translations are misleading. Using
the
> > word
> > Faith, Prayer and Blessings in English have a very Christian
meaning and
> > when people use these terms in Buddhism I think it is misleading.
> > I understand Buddhist Faith to mean a trust in oneself to follow
the
> > right
> > path. What would the correct meaning of Buddhist Prayer and
Buddhist