Anthony;

There are many buddhist traditions which at the same time developed
in many branches.  The only thing that one needs to do is to look for
the tradition or branch to whom one  feels more at tune with oneself
understanding and nothing else. If a person likes to adore statues
and find in them inspiration then one should go for the type of
buddhism according to that. If one doesn't like to adore statues,
then one should go for the type of dharma with no statues...and so
on.  We don't compete here.  We don't care about having our point
across.  We all just want everyone finding their own way of
syncronitation vith life, death and the universe...etc, etc...

Mayka

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jody,
>
> Buddhist faith, prayer and blessings have the same meaning as with
Christian, except that they are directed or concerned with Buddha,
dharma and sangha. For instance, a Buddist prayer is directed to
Amitabha, Sakyamuni, or a wrathful deity in the case of Tibetan
Buddhism. Mind you, Bill is against all this. His pure zen way calls
for giving up all that superstition and relies on yourself. Like
Zhaozhou zen master says, when being asked, 'if everything has Buddha
nature, does a dog have it?', "NO!" (muuuuuu). That means 'don't
attach to anything. Not even Buddha.'

> Regards,
> Anthony

Buddhist
> Blessings be?
>
> JODY

>       Bring your friends to the fun. Invite your friends from
Hotmail, Gmail to Yahoo! Mail today! http://www.trueswitch.com/yahoo-
sg