Edgar; I have three mirrors in my flat one is in the bathroom, other is in my room and last is in my hall. If I take any of the mirrors away of the wall there wouldn't be any mirrors but since they're hanging there no much point denying that they're not there.
These mirrors are useful because I like to see myself when I'm cleaning my teeth or washing my face in the morning. I also like to see myself reflection when I have to dress up in order to see what suits me best. These mirrors are not me but they help me to see my image in them. The same is with a mirrored mind. Mayka --- In [email protected], Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Mayka, > > There is no mirror! > > Edgar > > > > On Dec 5, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Mayka wrote: > > > --- In [email protected], Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺å¦ç²¾æ > > <chan.jmjm@> wrote: > > "... perception in others is really a > > > reflection of oneself". > > > > Donald; > > > > Although perception and reflection may have some things in common but > > I don't see them exactly the same. I explain; > > > > Say for instance that you have a mirror. You look at it and you see > > you're own image. That would be a reflection of yours in the mirror. > > > > Keep looking at yourself in the mirror. What you are perceiving > > about yourself in the mirror is what is a perception of yours. Not a > > reflection but a perception. What you are perceiving it would be > > determined to your mental state of mind. Therefore it would be > > delusional. > > > > If you see your own reflection in the mirror and not the perception > > means that what you are looking at is yourself reflection in a > > mirror. In the perception you there is not yourself reflection but > > what you immagine to be the reflection. While in the reflection > > there is what is in you reflected in the mirror. > > > > This is the way I interpretate the differences I see between > > perception and reflection. > > > > Mayka > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
