Hello Mayka, Yes, "stillness" could mean mindful concentration or in this case "purity" or "originality". I like your definition more than mine. Mine is a strip down version, kind of boring and dry. I believe TNH is more qualified to answer this than me. Thank you for the help.
I also like your comment to Bill, about perception in others is really a reflection of oneself. Donald. Mayka wrote: > > --- In [email protected] <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com>, > Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > I come to > > understand Christian terms as sort of "outside in" or "top down", > while > > Buddhist terms are "inside out" or "bottom up". > > Good for you Donald!. I love it. For some reason it sounds like a > kind of humoristic explanation though I know you meant to be as > accurate as possible. But I couldn't help and laugh at the accurate > syncronitation. > > > > > 1. Yes, faith is a commitment for one to practice and witness > oneself. > > It is a gradual process. > > 2. Prayer is one's action to sync one's heart with the heart of > the > > universe through stillness of body, mind and spirit. > > 3. Blessing is the harmony of one's heart with that of the > universe. > > (hence, harmonious actions and words) > > > > Replace "universe" with "Buddha", you get Buddhist terms. > > > > Well? > > What do you mean by stillness of body, mind and spirit?. wouldn't be > mindful concentration in the awareness of body and mind produce > togetherness which helps to manifest the holy spirity or the breath > of God? > > I like the two comments you make. Their simple and straight forward. > > Mayka > > Mayka > : > > > > > > Hello JMJM, > > > > > > some times I think the English translations are misleading. Using > the > > > word > > > Faith, Prayer and Blessings in English have a very Christian > meaning and > > > when people use these terms in Buddhism I think it is misleading. > > > I understand Buddhist Faith to mean a trust in oneself to follow > the > > > right > > > path. What would the correct meaning of Buddhist Prayer and > Buddhist > > > Blessings be? > > > > > > JODY > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
