Hi Al,

What I have experienced about hurting others is that I will either get
sick or get a head ache or some kind of discomfort in different levels.

Many practitioners in our school can sense, transfer and eliminate
karma.  In our school, karma is just a label for any "energy that
causes"  Good or bad are just human interpretations of the result after
the fact.   It is not a believe system or a reward system.  Just simple
cause and effect in Chi terms.

Additionally, the ten chakras observed in our practice correspond to the
ten Buddha realms.  Meaning both heaven and hell are all within us.
Those who hurt others are not at peace within themselves.  Violent
people are never at peace with oneself.  A lot of times, they don't even
know who they are.  Their actions are no different then animals.  In
such case, they are then either in Asura or in Animal realm, two of the
Buddhist realms.

Did I answer your question?
JM