Please allow me to chip in...

There are three steps to accomplish Buddhahood in this life translated loosely here..

1. Awake oneself - reaching nirvana - detach from all forms, internal and external. 2. Awake others - reaching enlightenment - in sync with the Heart of Buddha.
3.  Fulfill every act of awakening at every moment - Buddhahood.

As I was taught and witnessed...
_/\_
JMJM

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com