From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:50 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question

[Anthony:]  Zen is illogical, so undefinable.

[Ed:]   To an individual student, the utterances of his Zen master may
appear to be none, one or both of {logical, not-logical} simultaneously. In
other words, Zen is beyond logic, or is it?

[Bill!:] Zen is allogical - not confined or restricted by logic.

[Ed:]  alogical:  not based upon logic or reasoned argument; opposed to
logic

'Zen is alogical' is a statement which although true tells us next to
nothing about zen. For instance, romantic love is alogical too.

If you asked me 'What is a cat?' and I responded 'A cat is not a dog.', this
truthful response would be telling you next to nothing about a cat.

database 5546 (20101019) __________