> Hi ED:
>
> Just for the seek of responding your posting questionnaire.

Mayka, thank you so much for sharing your perspectives.

---

> > What, if any, is the worldview of zen?

> I don't know.

> Are there worlview zen?.

I think I can say both yes and no, and look forward to hearing others'
views.

---

> > What are the most common motivations and expectations that direct
individuals toward zen practice?

> No motivation, no expectations.  No search for zen.  No interest for
zen. The only thing is that after going in circles and just by a chance
one day one discovers that there is: Only the here and the now lived in
awareness!. And automatically one becomes a zennist! So it's zen that
choose its practicioners and not people who choose to be a zennist.

I do hope zen would choose me - but I had better start doing zazen
again.

---

> > Is it the case that zazen and other zen practices, over a long
period of time, under the guidance of an accredited Zen master, can
alter the neurophysiology of the brain, resulting in the experience of
'enlightenment' or equivalently, the realization of one's  'Buddha
nature'?

> To experience the Buddha Nature one doesn't need more Teacher that the
awareness of the in and out breathing.  There is no alteration but
awareness of what is going on inside and surroundings.  There is a
natural transformation because of the gradual awakening through
continuous awareness.

---

> > Is the enlightenment process something other than what is
suggested immediately above?

> There is no enlightenment

I use 'enlightenment' synonymously with 'realizing Buddha nature'.

---

> >  Can a person ever cultivate enlightenment in the frantic ambiance
of the world of today?

> As above

---

> > What are the recommended lifestyles, foci,  practices, behaviors,
attitudes, etc. recommended for the pacification of one's mind and the
realization of Buddha nature?

> Use the awareness of the in and out breathing 24 hour over 24 hours
even in one sleep and in whatever task one is doing.  Acknowledgement of
sensations, thoughts, moviments, smells, hearing, sight....

---

> > --ED

> Mayka

--ED