Steve,
 
Yes.. I also  agree that self-inquiry and monitoring one's own behavior is a 
lifelong process. We're never "fixed".  For example, I think--though it may be 
pure speculation on my part, I  have noticed some subtle shifts  in  behavior 
and words from even  such polarizing figures as Bill O'Reilly.  Almost a 
"softening" in a small way. There  could be a couple of reasons.  (1)  He has 
made his reputation and marked his "voice" in  policy and press.  So  , he 
doesn't have to prove himself anymore.  (2)  Maybe  I'm nuts, but I wonder if 
the Jon Stewart /Steven Cobert show has a subtle impact.   Even with his strong 
ego, its not easy to be reflected everyday in the "mirror" of such programs.  
 
Rush Limbaugh is likely a tougher nut to crack.. k
 

--- On Thu, 1/20/11, SteveW <[email protected]> wrote:







Hi Kristy. Oh, I don't think that we should enable negative behaviors in 
others! If you were to take karate lessons from me I don't think you would find 
me to be the sort who wants to give everyone a soft landing! LOL! But before 
you can fix other people you have to fix yourself. As long as you are 
acting-out knee-jerk addictions to hate, greed and delusion, you will not be 
able to see clearly to "remove the splinter from your brother's eye". But we 
are all in this together, and have to find ways to help ourselves and others to 
see clearly. When I talk about release from suffering, I certainly don't mean 
coddling either ourselves or others. I'm not advocating escapism, but insight. 
Sometimes this means confronting others with their negativity in direct and 
forceful ways. But one must always be careful not to just act-out one's own 
negative conditioning in the process. Very, very difficult. IMO.
Steve
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>
> 
.
>









      

Reply via email to