Stephan Richter wrote:
On Wednesday 16 August 2006 08:58, Benji York wrote:

This is technically true, but there are a couple of issues.  First,
because this code depends on a GPLed component, so it not useful to
people who require their projects to be ZPL.

Huh? You can build on top of lovely.rating without making the code GPL.

Technically true, but doesn't seem practically feasible.

Second, it is a departure from the status quo, such decisions should be made by the ZF.

This is not true at all. The status quo is: You can only check in ZPL code. Anything you build on top of lovely.rating can be ZPL, since schooltool.requirement is used as a library that is not extended.

In fact, the repository has many components checked in that have other licenses including the GPL. As long as it is clearly marked and documented, there is no problem.

That's seems to me to be an over-simplification, but I'd like to hear what the ZF board has to say on the issue.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer