Wirrunna wrote:
> No luck getting Inguz going on Vortexbox 2.4 running on Fedora 23.
> Server log
> [17-08-09 12:51:52.5694] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning:
> Module [Plugins::InguzEQ::Plugin] failed to load:
> Can't locate object method "looppackage" via package
> "Plugins::InguzEQ::Plugin" (perhaps you forgot to load
> "Plugins::InguzEQ::Plugin"?) at
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/InguzEQ/Plugin.pm line 1.
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 900) line 1.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 900) line 1.
>
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/InguzEQ/ is no longer used, the
> plugin is at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/InguzEQ but with my
> limited knowledge of Linux I don't know where this is set.

The directories and paths you quote are those applicable on Ubuntu
(Debian). Actually, as far as I understand it,
-/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/InguzEQ/- is a soft link to
-/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/InguzEQ-.

You say you are running Fedora. I know very little about it but, from
what I can gather, there are similarities between Fedora and Redhat. The
Inguz installation guide for Redhat differs from the Debian installation
in that it uses different paths to the installation directories. So you
might want to look at the Redhat installation instructions.

In the Plugin.zip that you posted in #393 there are the original Inguz
instructions for Redhat in file "inguz audio ยป Installation on Red Hat
linux.htm" (when Plugin.zip is unzipped the instructions are in the
Plugin/InguzEQ folder).

A few points:

- In the instructions, you will need to change "slimserver" to
"squeezeboxserver" where it occurs in the paths, e.g.
"-/usr/local/slimserver/Plugins/InguzEQ-" becomes
"-/usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/InguzEQ-".

- The instructions refer to SlimServer - this, of course, is now LMS.

- Inguz requires mono to provide Windows Net 2 support. When I installed
Inguz on Ubuntu I was very green and had problems with mono. In the end
I installed mono-complete (sudo apt-get install mono-complete) which is
probably a gross over-kill - there is almost certainly a more elegant
solution.

- The instructions mention restarting "SlimServer" (i.e. LMS). In Ubuntu
the terminal command for this is:
-sudo /etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver restart- but I'm not sure whether
it is the same in Fedora.
I rebooted my Touch and restarted LMS a few times.

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.