SEZ9 commented on PR #11512:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11512#issuecomment-5738751379

   Thanks for the follow-up on F4 and F6. I've noted the confirmation at 
`d8cb0cbb7d3`, but I haven't been able to see the updated doc text or Javadoc 
in this thread yet, so I'd like to verify the actual changes before closing 
them. Could you point me at the commit or diff hunk that updates the 
runtime-collection section (F4) and the `CdcProgressLifecycle.SNAPSHOT` Javadoc 
(F6)?
   
   The remaining items from the earlier pass are still open. Here is what would 
let me close them:
   
   - **F1 / F7 / F8 (`CdcEnumeratorProgressReport`)**: please either bound 
`activeSplits` (or document and enforce the bound the doc promises), reject 
negative/inconsistent count values in the constructor, and either make 
`CdcSnapshotSplitProgress` immutable or soften the "immutable per-split 
details" wording so the class doesn't claim more than a shallow copy provides. 
A short note on which option you chose for each is enough.
   - **F2 (developer doc)**: add an explicit statement that connector-native 
position payloads must not carry credentials or connection secrets, since they 
are shipped to and retained on the coordinator.
   - **F3 (`CdcProgressAccuracy` and the other new enums)**: confirm the engine 
codec encodes these by name rather than ordinal, and point me at the relevant 
codec change so I can verify.
   - **F5 (developer doc)**: list which connectors currently implement the 
progress provider (even if that is "none yet, reference implementation 
pending").
   
   Once those are in, I'll do a full re-review of the diff.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1160 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to