Thanks for the great responses, everyone!

In general, I'm not a fan of the idea of using money to incentivise
employees. Personally, I'm not incentivised by the idea of commissions on
sales, etc.

That said, when a space is looking to hire a really good CM, and is in a
market with a high cost of living, an alternative compensation plan can be
the difference between being able to get the really good CM and not being
able to.

At NextSpace, we considered offering a percentage of revenue from paying
events as a way to allow employees additional income and compensate them
for the many late nights and weekends they were working in event heavy
times. We ultimately decided not to do this because in figuring it out we
decided it took us away from our goal of being for the members in
everything we did.

I agree with Alex that the best case would be to offer commission based on
length of membership. For coworking, this seems to be the purest form of
compensation that aligns with the value of creating lasting relationships
amongst people. This is also the most confusing to figure out! Below is
what we are leaning toward:

Monthly bonus, based on % of roral revenue:

Revenue %

Bonus %

Monthly $ (based on 38,000mo)

70%

2

$53, $636 year

75%

5
$143, $1700 year

etc
Quarterly bonus, based on quarterly profits (profit sharing model):

Bonus %

Profit % (Based on quarterly average $15,900)

1

$159

2

$318