On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On 9 Feb 2018, at 15:34, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Caty,
> >>
> >> I see in the screenshot that it says “The default logo can be overridden
> >> (typo in your text btw ;)) by Color Themes or at wiki or page level”.
> >>
> >> Several questions:
> >> * What does it mean “at wiki or page level”? How do you do that? Using a
> >> custom skin? Using a color theme?
> >> * Does it mean this is adding yet another way of defining the logo,
> which
> >> means that we would the ability to set it in the new admin UI, in skins
> &
> >> in color themes? Isn’t that too much?
> >> * What does it mean in practice when you set it in the admin UI, i.e.
> >> where is it materialized?
> >>

> > Well these are the questions we need to answer from a development point
> of
> > view.
> > In theory it would be nice to be able to change the Skin logo using this
> > control. Somehow create a shortcut between this default logo and the skin
> > logo, or change the base skin logo from the filesystem. This way the
> Color
> > Themes will display the logo. Other ideas are welcomed.
> >
> > The description is technical I know, still there are so many ways in
> XWiki
> > to change to logo and override it, that a warning is welcomed.
>
> Right now, I disagree with this proposal (I’d vote -1 if it were a vote)
> since it doesn’t currently address what happens to the other ways of
> changing the logo and it adds yet another way on top of the existing ones,
> making the situation even more complex…
>
> So for me we need to:
> 1) Rationalize the change of logo better in the proposal and explain what
> happens to the other places and explain in the proposal why the user would
> use one or the other of the ways. Do some ways get deprecated or not either?
> 2) Define what it means to change the logo in the proposed new Admin UI.
> Does it create a new skin? Does it modifies the DefaultSkin page and attach
> a logo to it? Does it modifies the currently selected Color Theme and adds
> a logo to it? Does it do something else?

It should change the filesystem logo.png/svg from the base skin OR add an
attachment to the DefaultSkin' (which version is more easy technically - I
guess the DefaultSkin attachment).
Being as the default logo for the DefaultSkin, this means it can be
inherited / overridden by the Color Themes.

> I also need some answers to my questions asked above such as "What does it
> mean “at wiki or page level”? How do you do that? Using a custom skin?
> Using a color theme?"

The wiki/page level mention was because you can have a different Skin/CT
with a different logo for that level. If you think that is confusing, we
can rephrase it.

Thanks,
Caty