Hi Caty,

> On 12 Feb 2018, at 11:02, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> On 9 Feb 2018, at 15:34, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> which
>> &
>>>>

>>> Well these are the questions we need to answer from a development point
>> of
>>> view.
>>> In theory it would be nice to be able to change the Skin logo using this
>>> control. Somehow create a shortcut between this default logo and the skin
>>> logo, or change the base skin logo from the filesystem. This way the
>> Color
>>> Themes will display the logo. Other ideas are welcomed.
>>>
>>> The description is technical I know, still there are so many ways in
>> XWiki
>>> to change to logo and override it, that a warning is welcomed.
>>
>> Right now, I disagree with this proposal (I’d vote -1 if it were a vote)
>> since it doesn’t currently address what happens to the other ways of
>> changing the logo and it adds yet another way on top of the existing ones,
>> making the situation even more complex…
>>
>> So for me we need to:
>> 1) Rationalize the change of logo better in the proposal and explain what
>> happens to the other places and explain in the proposal why the user would
>> use one or the other of the ways. Do some ways get deprecated or not either?
>> 2) Define what it means to change the logo in the proposed new Admin UI.
>> Does it create a new skin? Does it modifies the DefaultSkin page and attach
>> a logo to it? Does it modifies the currently selected Color Theme and adds
>> a logo to it? Does it do something else?
>>

> It should change the filesystem logo.png/svg from the base skin OR add an
> attachment to the DefaultSkin' (which version is more easy technically - I
> guess the DefaultSkin attachment).
> Being as the default logo for the DefaultSkin, this means it can be
> inherited / overridden by the Color Themes.

See my previous reply about this.

So I now understand that your idea would be:

Default system logo (Admin UI)
  |_ Skin logo (Skin)
    |_ Color Theme logo (CT) for the wiki
      |_ Space Skin logo (Skin)
        |_ Space Color Theme logo

In words: if the current space has a CT defined and if that CT has a logo
defined then use it, otherwise, if the current space has a skin defined and
that skin has a logo then use it, otherwise, if the current wiki has a color
theme defined and if it has a logo then use it, otherwise, if the current wiki
has a skin defined and it has a logo then use it, otherwise, if the default
system logo is defined use it, otherwise, use a default xwiki logo.

However I don’t see why a Color Theme would inherit from the skin. What’s the
rationale? What additional use cases does it provide?

See the list of use cases I started in the previous reply. Please add new use
cases if you see some that I have missed.

Note: The other issue with the above is that we’re missing nested pages.

Thanks
-Vincent