On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

> Hi Caty,
>

> > On 12 Feb 2018, at 11:02, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> overridden

> Using a
> >> which
> skins
> >> &

> >> of
> this
> skin
> >> Color

> >> XWiki
> >>
> >> Right now, I disagree with this proposal (I’d vote -1 if it were a vote)
> >> since it doesn’t currently address what happens to the other ways of
> >> changing the logo and it adds yet another way on top of the existing
> ones,
> >> making the situation even more complex…
> >>
> >> So for me we need to:
> >> 1) Rationalize the change of logo better in the proposal and explain
> what
> >> happens to the other places and explain in the proposal why the user
> would
> >> use one or the other of the ways. Do some ways get deprecated or not
> either?
> >> 2) Define what it means to change the logo in the proposed new Admin UI.
> >> Does it create a new skin? Does it modifies the DefaultSkin page and
> attach
> >> a logo to it? Does it modifies the currently selected Color Theme and
> adds
> >> a logo to it? Does it do something else?
> >>

> > It should change the filesystem logo.png/svg from the base skin OR add an
> > attachment to the DefaultSkin' (which version is more easy technically -
> > guess the DefaultSkin attachment).
> > Being as the default logo for the DefaultSkin, this means it can be
> > inherited / overridden by the Color Themes.
>
> See my previous reply about this.
>
> So I now understand that your idea would be:
>
> Default system logo (Admin UI)
>   |_ Skin logo (Skin)
>     |_ Color Theme logo (CT) for the wiki
>       |_ Space Skin logo (Skin)
>         |_ Space Color Theme logo
>
> In words: if the current space has a CT defined and if that CT has a logo
> defined then use it, otherwise, if the current space has a skin defined and
> that skin has a logo then use it, otherwise, if the current wiki has a
> color theme defined and if it has a logo then use it, otherwise, if the
> current wiki has a skin defined and it has a logo then use it, otherwise,
> if the default system logo is defined use it, otherwise, use a default
> xwiki logo.
>
> However I don’t see why a Color Theme would inherit from the skin. What’s
> the rationale? What additional use cases does it provide?

Well the use case is that I want to experiment with the colors and see
which one I like as the default colors. Also maybe I want to have different
Color Themes on some wikis / spaces.
If the logos are inherited it's fine, I am not forced to attach the logo
for every other ColorTheme available. I just the default logo once. Again,
nice if I want to change the logo, I just change it in one place, not in
every other color theme that exists out there.