Hi,

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 15:34, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Caty,
>>
>> I see in the screenshot that it says “The default logo can be overridden
>> (typo in your text btw ;)) by Color Themes or at wiki or page level”.
>>
>> Several questions:
>> * What does it mean “at wiki or page level”? How do you do that? Using a
>> custom skin? Using a color theme?
>> * Does it mean this is adding yet another way of defining the logo, which
>> means that we would the ability to set it in the new admin UI, in skins &
>> in color themes? Isn’t that too much?
>> * What does it mean in practice when you set it in the admin UI, i.e.
>> where is it materialized?
>>

> Well these are the questions we need to answer from a development point of
> view.
> In theory it would be nice to be able to change the Skin logo using this
> control. Somehow create a shortcut between this default logo and the skin
> logo, or change the base skin logo from the filesystem. This way the Color
> Themes will display the logo. Other ideas are welcomed.
>
> The description is technical I know, still there are so many ways in XWiki
> to change to logo and override it, that a warning is welcomed.

Right now, I disagree with this proposal (I’d vote -1 if it were a vote) since
it doesn’t currently address what happens to the other ways of changing the
logo and it adds yet another way on top of the existing ones, making the
situation even more complex…

So for me we need to:
1) Rationalize the change of logo better in the proposal and explain what
happens to the other places and explain in the proposal why the user would use
one or the other of the ways. Do some ways get deprecated or not either?
2) Define what it means to change the logo in the proposed new Admin UI. Does
it create a new skin? Does it modifies the DefaultSkin page and attach a logo
to it? Does it modifies the currently selected Color Theme and adds a logo to
it? Does it do something else?

I also need some answers to my questions asked above such as "What does it mean