EVLN news status: the EV news items for a short while began again. But
slowed down today. Let's hope they pick up again. See below* as there will
be delays again in EVLN newswire posts ...

(ot) My status: stable (I have lodging) but I'm still not legal ...
Completed/achieved: a permanent address let me switch my car insurance to
state it is for TX (which is one of the requirements of getting a TX
driver's license).

I sent away for an official copy of my birth certificate, being sent to a
(UPS store) mailing address I bought.

A second call to CA dmv gave a different reason I still do not have what I
need to make TX vehicle registration dept. happy (TX registration & licenses
are separate groups/bldgs). So, CA dmv ('s screwups) has me in limbo.

The easiest approach is to let this (CA dmv messed up) vehicle go (find a
new owner for this vehicle and walk away from it. After so much ... it seems
like a shame, but I need to get on with my life and not be
delayed/jerked-around by CA dmv red tape).
*This means in a few days, I will have to drive this vehicle (2000+mi) back
to CA to get this resolved.

I have had a lot of helpful information given to me by the friendly local
folk. An Uhaul rep that came from CA said, 'Yup CA dmv does screw up so that
is not so strange'. He had to get rid of a good car back in CA by abandoning
it (I am going to try to be as legal as possible). That last dmv call said
my name shows up as the pending owner as soon as a special dmv dept checks.
Until then (legally) the guy I bought it from is still the owner (what a
limbo-land mess!).

Tomorrow, I hope to finish emptying out the vehicle of all my stuff into
local TX storage, and then spend some time looking around at used (legal) TX
vehicles to know what I will buy when I return.

Once back in CA and before I lose the (albatrose) vehicle, I will see about
getting an official copy of my birth certificate, if it has not arrived at
the TX mail service.
When vehicle-less, I will fly back, rent a car, then start looking for a TX
registered (legal) used vehicle, and get on with my life.

As you can read, I have a lot of chores to complete (it is not easy to
become a Texan). But I hope to have better wifi access luck with the
different motels I stay at on the way back, so I can still post/shoot a few
EVLN items out, while I continue to live out of a suitcase.