This is somewhat off topic (especially since Bruce is licensing an ICEV),
but it does pertain to people who move with their EVs.

It may be different today -- lots of government functionaries have become
way more legalistic -- but I lived in another state for over 3 years back in
the 1990s, and never re-titled or licensed any of my vehicles there.  When I
had to renew the licenses, I just drove back to my "home" state (abouit an 8
hour drive).  No one ever gave me any trouble, even when I got rear-ended
and had to deal with police reports and insurance.

Similarly, a friend of mine moved from another state to this one.  He lived
here for the last 30+ years of his life (he died in 2009).  He never got a
drivers' license here, nor did he ever transfer the titles or licenses to
his cars.  No problems.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator