Bruce,
Why all the haste to get a TX title while DMVs are notorious for taking
~6 weeks to even open their mail?
One of my (former) colleagues worked for our company in GA but then was
asked to come work at HQ
in CA, so he drove his GA car to CA and it was more than a year later
before he had his first comment that
he should move the title over to CA if he (continued) to work here.
He did have problems with unpaid tickets in GA, but never with his
driving a GA plated car in CA
for more than a year.
I presume that in 1 or 2 months, the CA DMV has finally worked though
their backlog and settled you as owner
of your car and then you should have no issue to get it moved to TX.

BTW, this may not be entirely legal as it is often required by (local)
law to get your title updated within weeks
when you move permently or start working in a new state, but how can you
even keep that law if the DMV
that you depend on to be able to register, does not process their
paperwork within a month or two?
Local enforcement also knows this problem and that is probably why there
is little enforcement that I know of
for immediately getting local plates. You do what you can, but you can
only do what others allow you if they
are the ones you depend on for the action you need to take.
Just a thought to wait a little for this to get settled and proudly
drive your CA car till you are official owner.
Cor.