On 01/04/2018 12:40 PM, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:
Why all the haste to get a TX title while DMVs are notorious for taking
~6 weeks to even open their mail?
One of my (former) colleagues worked for our company in GA but then was

Just a thought to wait a little for this to get settled and proudly
drive your CA car till you are official owner.

I agree with Cor that Bruce will likely encounter no trouble driving his California registered car in Texas. At least as long as the car is legal in California and likely long after the car is illegal in California.