On 4 Jan 2018 at 7:50, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:

> Actually, that is the reverse of what you want. You want to store
> during the night when demand is low, then use during the day when
> demand is hi.

It's certainly the opposite of what we do now.

Robert seems to be suggesting that in the future we'll store energy when
PRODUCTION (solar) is high (day), and use that energy when the production is
zero (night).

That assumes that PV becomes the dominant energy source for the postal
service, at least.  I suppose it could happen, but honestly, I don't see it
as very likely in the US.  From what I can tell, the USPS is not an
especially forward-looking operation.  I'm surprised that they're even
considering EVs for their new long-life vehicle design, and will be VERY
surprised if they actually buy and keep using a significant number of them.

Solar-powered postal delivery seems more possible (though still not all that
likely) somewhere in the EU, say France or Germany.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator