On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 4:52 PM EV List Lackey via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> Circuit breakers are always double-pole, so they open both hot and neutral.

In my homes in either Netherlands or India, only the phase was
protected with a breaker.
Neutral was wired straight from the service entrance to the circuits/outlets.
Maybe that practice has changed in recent years, but I have not heard
from my family that they had to upgrade anything while they did
install EV chargers.
Now, the EV charger is likely to be required to disconnect both power
wires, including Neutral. But I have not heard about dual pole
breakers for single phase circuits there.
Cor.
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/