> But not a logical contradiction.  It would just contradict our assumed
> model of physics, i.e. a nomological contradiction.

I realize I can't give a concrete example from physics due to the lack of
total human understanding, so it is difficult to get across the exact point.
If we presume that our understanding of the relationship between space and
time is correct, then it would be a contradiction to observe true FTL
transmission of information, because that would cause paradoxes
(contradictions) in the structure of the universe itself.

> It does unless there are some axioms and rules of inference such that
> adding the thing I envision allows one to infer a contradiction.  That's
> why I was asking about the model - does it have axioms and rules of
> inference?

All models of mathematics have axioms, but only those (I postulate) which
are non self-contradictory "exist".  A universe that includes a model of
naive set theory cannot exist, for one example, because it is
self-contradictory.  A universe that contains an elementary model capable of
describing the ideas of naive set theory can exist, though.

Anna