Dear Bruno, here we go again....

A very colorful discussion about that darn consciousness, indeed, as it
develops. I find YOUR scholarly text a bit skewed (Goedel and Goedel) since
math logic is IMO a product of human(!) consciousness. I do not comment on
your "MACHINE" consciousness, since I don't feel comfortable as a machine
with set inventory/design, even a universal one - IF IT IS a machine. The
human intellect (another unknown! - not sarcastically said) has no borders
or inventory, at least we have not experienced such so far.

A "causally effective" Ccness? I wrote already my 'causality' deviation as
considered within the 'model' of our so far acquired knowledge and the
deterministic 'reasons' considered only by factors 'within', while the still
unknown factors (maybe lots of such) also influence all that happens
assigned to 'causality' of the partial listing. (This is the reason why our
terms are not 'absolute' and "The Truth".) We may 'list' EFFECTIVE causes,
but maybe not all.
<I would not like to offend you with my hint to 'the world beyond
arithmetical truth (logic).>
------------------------
 Soroud's expression: "*consciousness is always embodied consciousness of
life..."*
begs the question: what is life? how different is it from Ccness, if I
identify the latter as
'response to relations' (information)? what else is life?
They  seem to be close in such formulation. None of them "human" or even
"terrestrial".
Not even 'bodily ascertainable' which is a part of the figment "physical
world".
The JCS-online list has a long discussion about structured and unstructured
dualism.
I think Descartes HAD to include the soul into his 'human' unit to escape
from Inquisition and that is why he anticipated the "complexity" in our
time's idea - that includes the body and *mind* with its bi sided influences
as a body-soul dualism. (I don't want to start a battle on this).

Consciousness - as the process of responding to relations is universal,
human and terrestrial concepts are includable, it is independent of our so
far acquired knowledge and does not restrict the application to the physical
world and so the domains developed by the human  mind. I have no theory to
that, am insecure about the deterministic 'happening' - a term that requires
'time' - for a system where there is no time-factor identified as we know
it. The so far perceived reality I know of did not give me(!) answers to a
lot of questions.
That's why I say I am agnostic.

John Mikes