On 05 Jul 2011, at 01:53, B Soroud wrote:

Yes! perhaps Reason is the ultimate sublimated form of the argument by authority.....

You look more and more talking like the Pope. Science is the devil.
I don't follow you here at all. reason is *the* tool against argument by authority. It is a liberation tool.

and the demonstrable merely regulated to a highly limited and relatively insubstantial plane.

back to the Sophists! lets throw out the platonic and peripatetic presuppositions and linguistic forms inherited and embedded in modern physics and thought!

I told you that physics is not fundamental, once we assume mechanism. It is the point. When I am in a provocative mood, I like to say that the physical universe is an invention of the devil to distract us from the 'real thing". To be sure, physics appears as absolutely solid and fundamental, but is no more primary. The physical reality appears like the border of the universal mind (the mind of the universal machine).

Bruno