“By platonism I just mean the idea that ideas are primary and matter
is
generated by the ideas.”
So rather than ideas being generated by some deterministic and
mechanical materialism… which would be absurd…. You invert the
proposition? Do you literally mean matter is generated by ideas? In
some direct, deterministic and mechanical way?
It is clear to me that there is a sense in which the corporeal
conditions the ideal, and the ideal conditions the corporeal…. Art
imitates life and life imitates art and the fundamentals of our
intellectual forms are empirically but mysteriously derived from
nature as it is presented to us, but vice versa, the human world we
live in is entirely envisioned and transformed on the basis of the
mental forms. But I see not direct intersecting connection… nor do I
see how the material can be actually derived from the ideal and how
the subject is independent from both. What is the supposed subject
derived from?
“with comp it can be shown we need only two
ideas: addition and multiplication of natural numbers (together
with
some tiny amount of classical logic).” What do you think about
Plotinus’s assertion that the “descent into multiplicity and number”
is a undesirable phenomena?
“The greek and Indian mystics and rationalist might be
right, with respect of the coherent mechanist theology.”
Hey man, they don’t all agree with one another… they are highly
contentious… have you ever heard of “the argumentative Indian?” You
should read Hegel to see how all these guys fit into the successive
stages of a dialectical unfoldment…. History is a dialectical and
alchemical process… these old fixed forms don’t stand as absolutes on
their own… they are infinitely permutable and engaged in a unending
dialectical process, perhaps a circular one.
“You might try to sum up Nietzsche argument against "platonism"”
I really wish you would re-read Nietzsche…. His critique of Plato is
brutal and far-reaching… I don’t know if I can sum it up easily…. I
highly recommend you re-read him…. Check out Twilight of the Idols,
the Will to Power, Beyond Good and Evil, etc. His critique of Plato is
utterly devastating and so elaborated.