Plus.... lets think through this notion of the Whole..

Is there any such whole? how would you define this whole? What constitutes
this whole? what is the enduring aspect or defining characteristic of this
whole?

perhaps this "whole" is our vague and confused invention.... or a mere
speculative inquiry.

in your notion of the whole the same age-old problems arise......

the problem of unity and diversity... of change and changelesness....

What is universal and invariable about your whole... what is enduring about
your whole? what is essential about your whole? and are these just
"matters", "essences", "forces"?

and we just the temporary products and observers or deducers of them?

THOUGHT is the most difficult thing in the world....

"Man is the measure of all things: of things which are, that they are, and
of things which are not, that they are not" (Protagoras)