Bruno Marchal wrote:

>> Arithmetic just happens to be powerful enough to point towards it.
>> All other
>> universal systems accomplish the same. So to say just number
>> relations exist
>> and all else is an "epistemological view" on that is a very narrow
>> interpretation.
>
> Arithmetical truth contains fortranic truth, lispic truth,
> combinatoric truth, etc.
> It does not contains theological truth, nor physical truth, except in
> the 'epistemological' points of view of the creature they have all.
How exactly do we know that these epistemological truths are secondary / not
ontological? I don't really see how COMP does tell us that, as it could well
be that the assumptions COMP makes (including "consciousness exists", in
order to say "yes, doctor") are in some sense equivalent to the
"epistemological" points of view whose existence we "derive" from the
assumptions of COMP. I can't prove this (I don't think it can be proven),
but for me it seems like this is the case.