On 07 Aug 2011, at 01:24, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:

Let us forget for a moment machines and take for example some other
biological creatures, for example even insects. How would you characterize
the behaviour of insects? Is it intelligent or not?

Yes, I would say that insects have a limited intelligence. Why not?
And I imagine they also have a limited consciousness.

That's my personal feeling too. Recently I have updated the arachnid an octopus in the Löbian (self-conscious) class of entity.

I came to that possible conclusion by looking at video like this, and then making some experiment with spider myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iND8ucDiDSQ

It is not the move the spider, but its apparent induction that there is a spider behind the mirror, and its apparent shock discovering there is none.

Take this with some grain on salt, but in matter of consciousness I prefer to attribute too much than not enough.